Tuesday 2 March 2010

Healthy You Challenge check-in and some musings

Weight this morning: 69kg exactly. That's 1kg down on last week. Of that, only 100g is muscle, which is a statistic I'm particularly pleased with, as I'm trying to lose as little lean mass as possible. Of the 8.9kg I've now lost in 2010, only 1.1kg has been muscle, and my muscle percentage, as measured by our body composition scales, is creeping towards 40%.

It's not been a bad week, food-wise. The Boy went away for the week on Saturday, so on Friday night we ordered a valedictory curry. We'd planned to split a tandoori mixed grill, which our (surprisingly good for a dinky village) local takeaway does very well, and a portion of chips, and I'd planned for them and eaten a smallish lunch accordingly. The Boy decided that he needed a bit more food, so ordered a curry too, of which I had a few mouthfuls, and I'd forgotten the mixed grill came with a naan, but little damage was done. I was particularly pleased with the moment when I dunked a bit of naan in the bottom of the mixed grill's box, was about to put it in my mouth, and then looked at it. Really looked at it, and said "I'm about to eat a lump of bread dipped in oil. That's not the sort of thing I do any more," before putting it in the bin. Progress is made...

On Saturday I got up at a truly horrible time for a weekend to take the Boy to the station, before coming home for a big bowl of porridge (my standard breakfast) and a Body Pump class. I love Body Pump. I'm hoping that if I keep it up I'll end up like the forty- and fifty-something women in my class with the fantastic bodies and the ability to lift weights that make my jaw drop slightly. They are proper inspirational.

After Pump I considered going for a run, but the class had left me tireder than usual (probably due to the ridiculous hours I worked last week) so I headed to the supermarket to shop for this week. I am shockingly lazy about cooking for just myself, so I stocked up on healthy easy meal options to stop me falling back on toast...

Sunday I'd planned to go for a run on the treadmill, but after 2.7km I just wasn't feeling the love, so I swapped to the cross-trainer for another 300 calories. Then I headed to the town to meet a friend for lunch and shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding in five weeks. After that we came home and enjoyed pasta with freshly made tomato, chorizo and bacon sauce - NOM. I was vegetarian until about three years ago, and I have no idea how I lived without bacon and chorizo.

Yesterday was pants, frankly. Today wasn't much better. I fully intended to go to the gym tonight, but I'm just too tired and too inertia-ridden. So I'm letting myself spend the evening in my PJs reading, knitting and blogging instead. I'm not moving,  but I'm not eating either, after the Thai curry I had for dinner (more NOM - well done Tesco).

While I was rummaging in the can cupboard looking for soup yesterday I found a tin of chickpeas I didn't know was there, so I think that my contribution to this week's Outside The Box Challenge might just be some hummus. More on that later I hope!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you with the bread/oil! I don't know that I would've had the willpower, myself. :) Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have to say I was a little surprised at myself.

    Then this evening I ate a load of granola out of the box. Two steps forward, one step back... Still, 3 handfuls of granola is better than half a packet of biscuits.

    ReplyDelete