Tuesday 23 March 2010

Another NSV

I've just eaten a pizza for dinner. It was one of the individual-sized Pizza Express ones you get in the supermarket, for those in the UK - everybody else, I think it's a 9".

As I took it out of the oven, I was so excited that I danced about a little bit chanting "Pizza pizza pizza!" It's not an item I've been allowing myself very often recently.

About half way through, I thought "Man, this is good. Why did I never used to buy these?"

And then it occurred to me: it was because they were 'too small'.  One of those was never enough to satisfy the giant pizza craving; it never left me feeling like I couldn't eat another bite and was entirely stuffed with melted cheese. Sure, I could have bought two, but I thought "Noooo, look at me, I'm no longer the girl who eats two pizzas at a sitting!" while conveniently ignoring the fact that the 1200 calorie monster I'd just bought had enough calories for two people.

But now I have pizza so rarely that it doesn't need to be the size of my car's spare wheel to get me excited enough to dance around the kitchen. And I'm happy and satisfied and best of all sated with a normal-sized portion.

I think that's a definite step forward.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, pizza. How I love thee and hate thee at the same time... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am continually bemused by colleagues who bring left-over pizza in for lunch.

    Left-over pizza? As in, you didn't eat it all? A wholly alien concept in my house...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Nice to meet another weight-loss bloggie in the UK.

    When the pizza monster strikes, check out the post Lyn (http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/) wrote, giving a recipe for cauliflower pizza on an alternative. Tried it on my lovely hubby and it's a WINNER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heehee, as I got the notification I was saying much the same thing to Chrissie on Healthy Mind and Healthy Body. We should stick together!

    I saw that cauliflower pizza recipe and keep meaning to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't had pizza for ages, and now I want one!!! I make my own (usually on a bought crust) because I find most of the commercial ones too cheesy. can't believe I said that with a straight face, there was a time that was the whole point!
    Very nice to meet you, I'm enjoying looking through your posts! Looking forward to hearing how you get on with the cauliflower pizza recipe, I keep meaning to try that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love NSVS!!!
    I just found your blog, and really enjoy it!!! I'll be following:) If you get a chance, check out mine!
    www.fatbutchanging.blogspot.com

    Ali

    ReplyDelete