Friday 19 March 2010

Working the NSVs

The Boy has hidden the bathroom scales (at my request, I hasten to add) in an attempt to stop my post-scale grumpiness ruining breakfast, and I am trying to focus on the non-scale victories. Fortunately yesterday provided me with some great specimens:


  • After my Body Pump class last week I realised that I’d got a bit too comfortable with my weights – I wasn’t working to failure on any of the tracks, and I wasn’t feeling it the next morning the way I used to. So last night I racked up the weights on most areas, with the exception of shoulders – because I really, really struggle with that one anyway; I have such pathetic shoulder muscles – and squats – because the weight I was using before is already the maximum that my poxy upper body muscles can lift over my head. I felt the burn, and I’m still feeling it this morning!

  • Then I went for a run. I’d initially planned to run for 20 minutes non-stop, but when I got there I thought “I can do another minute”. At 21 minutes, I thought “I can do 22!” Then I realised that if I went to 22:30 I’d have done 3km. Then I decided to go for 2 miles. By then I was nearly at 25 minutes, so kept going, and when I got to 25 I thought “Hell, I can do five more easily.” So I ran 4km in 29:40 (because I sprinted the last 100m). Which is the furthest and longest I’ve ever run without walking. I feel a little more optimistic about the 10K in July now!

Weekend plans: pub for Six Nations rugby for almost all of tomorrow, and lunch with friends on Sunday followed by an evening gym session. Not great food-wise, but I will try not to go nuts. No beer for me anyway as I’m off the sauce for Lent to try to aid weightloss.

Have good weekends all!

No comments:

Post a Comment