Wednesday 3 March 2010

FAIL

So, I had loads to do at work today and planned to stay late. But about 5 I just wasn't feeling the office as a place to get work done, so I thought "Sod it, I'll get the normal train and work at home. Maybe I'll go to the gym, as well" (because of course I didn't go last night). So I tidied up the bombsite that was my hotdesk (seriously, how do I mess them up so much in three days?) and bagged up my laptop and all my files and dragged them to the station and got on the train.

You know how sometimes you're running through what you've just done in your head, and you realise that there's something that wasn't there that should have been? Well, about halfway home I realised that I remembered taking my house keys out of my handbag to unchain my laptop from the desk, but not putting them back in... one phonecall to a late-working colleague confirms that they are, indeed, marooned on my desk. And of course the Boy is in France. The only other spare set are with his parents sixty miles away.

Typically I realised this just after the big station with lots of trains back into town. I rejected getting off at Nowheresville 1 to wait up to an hour for a train back in favour of going on to Nowheresville 2 (my stop) to collect my car and drive back. So I drove an extra 65 miles and got home two and a half hours later than I should have done. And then I ate a load of granola out of the box

Work FAIL. Exercise FAIl. General not-being-a-disorganised-fool FAIL. Slight diet FAIL (slight because hey, it wasn't the whole packet).

Oh well, we live and learn. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment