Wednesday 20 October 2010

Hurrah!

I am a healthy weight. When I stepped on the scales yesterday they read 10 stone 2lb, which gives me a BMI of 24.8.


I know it’s only just under 25, and that BMI is a dubious measure anyway. I am not finished yet; I don’t feel that this is my happy weight. But still…

I am a healthy weight! I have never been able to say that as an adult before.

It makes me think, too. I read a post recently – I’m afraid I cannot for the life of me remember where – on acknowledging how far we’ve come. I think I quite often forget to do that. When cursing about being not quite being able to get into size 10 trousers, I forget the morbidly obese 18-year-old who thought she’d never be a size 12. When I complain that I can’t run a 10K in under 70 minutes, I forget that once upon a time I couldn’t run 100 yards.

I haven’t reached my weight or fitness goals just yet. Here isn’t a place I want to stay long. But here was once a place I never thought I’d make it to.

I feel strong now, and confident. There are nine weeks till Christmas (eek!) and I have 9lb left to my goal of nine and half stone. Let’s see how close I can get.

Culinary highlight of the week: Sunday’s roast chicken and vegetables. More specifically, the roast potatoes, which were easily the best I’d ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment